Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Times

In Recent Events....

The last couple weeks were by far the best weeks of summer. My main bitch (I've always wanted to say that) finally came home from her numerous stops all around the world, and we just chilled here and there, took naps together, did some pretty lame stuff, AND IT WAS AWESOME. All summer long, I felt like I've been around people that didn't completely get me, and when she finally came back, I felt like I didn't have to overly exert myself for her to understand me. Or I didn't have to step around her so that I wouldn't offend her, all I had to do was be myself. Having familiarity around you is a nice break. 

Life

As an incoming senior, I have to get started on my college applications and start thinking about my "future". It's been a real struggle trying to fit who I am and what matters to me in 250-500 words. However in the last couple of weeks, I've been really conscientious watching for what I truly enjoy and what I want to be doing for the rest of my life (or maybe half my life, who knows? I'm pretty prone to change my mind).  

BUT, I don't know what triggered this epiphany or when or how it happened, I realized that I want to go in to media production. I want to be behind a camera and direct a commercial, a news broadcast, a film. That's what I want to do. 

And if you don't know the feeling of being certain, it is pretty freaking awesome. The feeling of being at peace, is so relieving and joyous in all the right ways. I'm been smiling and bubbly all week. 

Good Music, Good Vibes, Popsicles, and Snickerdoodles

You don't come across good music too often, but I have to say, I've been bombarded with good music this past week. 

This album has just blown me away. It's not the same as Continuum, but change is good, and John Mayer is still John Mayer, just a little hillbilly-ified. Compared to his other music, this album is a lot more upbeat and just awesome!!!! (My favorite song from the album is "I Will Be Found (Lost At Sea)", it's just such a beautiful and down-to-earth song. You can really hear the rawness that Mayer is trying to convey.)

I've recently just got into Paramore, and realized that, they rock! Hayley Williams' is a total rocker and badass chick. This album (Paramore's self-titled album) is nothing short of my favorite album from Paramore. There's a lot of sass going on, but it just makes it all the better! I love a good song with some sass. My favorite song from the album is "Grow Up", it makes me happy. 

I know Katy Perry is overrated, but she's overrated for a reason. She's really talented. And I love her new concept. "Roar" is awesome. I love jamming to it in the car and just letting the tiger inside me loose! 

I didn't really just discover this, but since I'm on the topic of good music, I thought, "what the heck"!
First of all, Sara Bareilles is a freaken goddess. She is one of my absolute favorite artists, and she's one of the most talented out there. Her vocals are unbeatable. Her song writing is set apart from all others. And, to add on to all the awesomeness, she's a total emblem for feminism. I love running to feministic songs (I know, weird) and she's always in my playlists. (Woman power!!) My favorite songs on the album are "Brave", of course, amazing song, and "Little Black Dress", awesome, awesome, album.

Good music really sets a week apart, and music one of my main forms of consolidation and bringing the day together. I would rather lose my phone then my Ipod, music is one of the most prominent figures in my life, and I hope to share good music with good people.

Until next time,

arrivederci!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment