Saturday, July 27, 2013

Family

We (my whole family which consists of: three aunts, three uncles, seven cousins, and three sisters) just came back from a three day vacation up to Lake Arrowhead, and three days was enough. If we had stayed a day later, World War III would have erupted. 




BUT, we had a great time. We didn't necessarily go to amazing places and eat extraordinary foods, we mostly stayed at home and just soaked up each other's company. (With an occasional "hike" to a promised stream that did not exist.) We played some intense games of Taboo, Scrabble, Monopoly, and a new one called Heads Up, which was hilarious. 







We started the vacation on a more somber note, not because we were all irritated with each other, but because we were faced with a difficulty that we were all going to have to deal with together. So, the rest of the trip wasn't exactly a carefree bowl of cereal, but I feel like it acted as a binding glue to gather us all together before we faced the storm. Together. Really, it was just a really good time for all of us. 























He posed like this and then proceeded to say he was "Lizard Man".
Munchkin-making mirrors are always fun. 

















The true face of a tired dog.





#YOLO. They didn't even know what YOLO meant, I am slightly relieved that they didn't.

 I believe in God, and I believe that He is my lord and savior. I pray almost everyday and I speak with Him. It's been this way for almost my whole life. Yet, I still barely know how He works. I have no idea why difficulty after difficulty is placed in our lives. But this time, I think it's a little different. I believe that this difficulty was placed in our lives to bring us closer together and to turn us into a more solid family.  I know that God is going to be with us every step of the way, but I'm still afraid. However, I know that God makes all things work together for our good. So, I'm gonna have faith. 


Such a tiny, beautiful tree
God is good. All the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment