Wednesday, June 25, 2014

High School...



My high school experience was equally as rewarding as it was trying. I learned and I struggled, I gained and I lost. Like most, I began my journey lost and unsure. I made more mistakes than in all my previous years combined. However, the difference between those mistakes and my previous mistakes was that, I learned from every single mistake. Many of those mistakes could have been avoided with humbleness or humility, but in all four years, I do not have a single regret. Each mistake led to new growth in wisdom and character, and here I am now, alive and well. For this, I have my parents to thank, they led me with incredible patience and love; my friends, they made my experiences colorful and exciting, they always put a smile on my face when there was a frown; Kathie, for becoming a trusted confidant and a passionate sister in Christ; my sisters, each and every one of my sisters is a piece of me and they constantly remind me of who I am when I’m not sure; my aunts, my uncles, my grandma, my grandpa, and my cousins, they taught me how to find perfection in imperfection; my teachers, they showed me what it was like to have an incredible zest for knowledge; and most importantly God, He was there when I was in my darkest days, He held me up when I was falling, He gave me peace when I was anxious, and He loved me through my sin. My journey has been long and exhilarating, but it is not yet over, it is only just beginning.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Matthew 6:33












































No comments:

Post a Comment