Monday, April 21, 2014

Food For Thought: Gay Marriage

I know this is a huge topic, obviously, and will ignite many feelings and opinions. However, lucky for you, I'm not here to pick a fight, I'm just here to get some insight.

Love is a choice, is it not? We choose to love God or we choose not to. The one thing that God left up to us is that choice. 

Then why are we trying to make that choice for the LGBT community by denying them the right to marriage? It seems to me that, by not allowing these people to get married will not help them love God any more or any less. 

I, myself, am not an advocate for gay marriage. I believe that what the Bible speaks is the truth, and I believe that there is only one truth. However, I'm also not an advocate for force. (Not the force, I fully advocate that. -wink, wink-)

I believe that all people should have a choice to love whomever they wish to love, we just have to face the consequences to the love we choose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment