Sunday, March 23, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons.... BUT LEMONS ARE SO SOUR

College. College. College. Winter olympics. College. College. It's all everyone has ever been talking about lately.

Hey Amy, wow, you're so big now? So, what are you going to do with your life? 

I DON'T KNOW, YOU SCUMBAGS. Just kidding, I don't ever say that. Out loud. That would be crazy. 

My life has always been about candy, accomplishments, and disappointments. But, there's never been such a solid line between my accomplishments and disappointments. Right now is the time I'm receiving my application decisions: whether I have been rejected or accepted. My first few letters were acceptances, but lately, I've been getting some rejection letters. Granted, the schools that these letters are coming from were not my first choices, but still, it hurts. As much as I tell myself that it shouldn't hurt, it does. And I know, why should I let some school tell me if I'm good enough? I don't, I try not to, but deep inside, I still do. 

But, in spite of all of this, I think I'm failing to see the bigger picture. God does all things with a purpose. He has plans for me at a specific school and city. He's just making my path easier; He's taking out the extra routes so I can find my way more efficiently. So, I'm thankful that He's given my choices, and I'm thankful that He's the one that's guiding me, rather than me guiding myself. Because that would just be a tragic story. 

This weekend: 

I went to Calc Camp! I know, sounds absolutely terrible, but it was SO MUCH FUN. I don't think I've ever laughed so much (or did so much math). I built so many bonds and so many memories. AND, I learned a crap load, go figure! 

All I have to say is this: PTL.  
The best kind of selfie is a selfie with a horse!


Late night 7-11 run, because the camp didn't have enough junk food for all us unhealthy teenagers!

Yeah, math!

Things that I did not expect to happen: our room getting TP-ed.



Early morning run at SIX O'CLOCK, for us adventure-seekers. 

How does nature do that? Be all amazing and stuff. Man.

"A sea of clouds"

Friends make every memory more memorable. 

One of the plus sides of living in the woods: wooden family placards. Seriously though, how kick-ass are these??



No comments:

Post a Comment