Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dare to Hope

Man, this week was like an unexpected punch in the stomach... not the best week I've ever had, but it ended on a good note. (Haha, you'll get the pun later.)

Things I learned this week:
          1. Don't procrastinate (I think I "learn" that every week, it just never sticks)
          2. Gulliver from Gulliver's Travels is really just a gullible nub that likes horses better than people. 
          3. Dogs are the best snuggle buddies ever.
          4. Menopause is real, and it is scary.
-Okay, sing this next one like Journey- 
          5. DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!

After pretending to be sick on Tuesday, so I wouldn't have to go to school, Karma caught up with me and I got sick on Wednesday night and couldn't go to school on Thursday. Now I have a bunch of work to catch up on and, on top of that, I have to study for finals. Yes, somebody call me a whambulance. 

BUT, I will get through this, and when I'm on the other side, I'll say Ha! Take that Life!! and then I'll stick it to Life.














Today, instead of the weekly Friday night cell, we had a special harmonica performance from a small group of eight from Korea. I've now added the harmonica along side the guitar, piano, and ukulele to the list of instruments I want/need to learn. Seriously though, they added a whole new level of cool to the harmonica. The harmonica is no longer the instrument of cowboys, it is the instrument. As long as I can play "Come On Eileen" on the harmonica, I will be quite pleased.

The pastor that was the coordinator for this dandy group of people said something that really stuck. He said to never stop hoping. He said that even though these kids have gone through a tremendous amount of struggles in their life, they still hope. So then, why can't you??

Dare to hope.

Well, I'm about to be KO-ed, so, without further ado, the performance in pictures:



Harmonica = cool

Her smile is more contagious than malaria, seriously though. Just look at it!















Oh, and these pictures, they were drawn by this dude's feet, and I can barely draw stick figures.






We also got a chance to pray for all these kids, it was a really blessed time.

















No comments:

Post a Comment